Sunday 25 May 2014

Garden update

It's time for another garden update. Everything is growing like crazy! I have already dried a few batches of herbs, and there will be plenty more of that to come. I'm excited to see when the first tomatoes will ripen and how much courgettes our numerous courgette plants will churn out. Expect a courgette recipe or two if everything goes to plan.

Lets start in the greenhouse:
It's a jungle, there's hardly room to move around anymore.
Courgette season has kicked off.
Fist cucumber in the making.
However the cucumber managed to grow a tentacle all the way to that cane I don't know. It will henceforth be known as Spiderman cucumber.
Broccoli waiting to be transplanted outside. 
The first tomato has been spotted.
 Next the trees:

I hope this means it will be a good season for apples.
This is apparently Black Lace Elderflower. I can't remember it having any fruit last year, but I may have overlooked it as I didn't know what it was. This year I'll definitely make something out of it.

Loads of new bay leaves coming along.
Outside in the garden:
Can't wait for these babies to turn red.
Chives - not only tasty, but very pretty too!
The goosberry bush is heavy with fruit.
Potatoes are coming along nicely.
And as usual, I'll end with some random very pretty flowers:




No comments:

Post a Comment