Monday 7 July 2014

Garden update

It's been a few weeks again since my last garden update. The sad news is that there will be no cherries at all this year, the birds have eaten them all. Also the raspberries disappeared while I was away on holiday, good thing I managed to pick my precious three small containers of them before they flew off the bush so to say. The courgettes are in high season and the first tomatoes are starting to turn red. The cucumber plant is also in full production. Outside, the onions are coming along, and the broccoli plants have been protected by netting. The herbs are already overgrown for the most part and would need some serious cutting down. The tarragon in particular is huge, and I don't quite know what to do with it. Planning to try some tarragon chicken but other than that I'm at a loss. 


The Culinary Consultant constructed netting to protect the broccoli from birds.
Lots of these!
And one of these (so far)
The tomatoes are trying to make their way to freedom.
Cucumbers are doing well. How they manage to support the cucumbers mid-air is a mystery for me.
Lettuce is finally big enough so that the slugs can't reach the top leaves.
The black currants are getting there. I can already see them in a jam jar.
And the current selection of flowers in the garden.














No comments:

Post a Comment